The Grote Zaal is the most beautiful theater in the Netherlands, dating from 1894 and built in the so-called court theater style: horseshoe-shaped and richly decorated with ornaments, statues and chandeliers. The room is very suitable for presentations, conferences, award shows, but also for receptions or dinners on stage. For weddings, the room can be used for the ceremony and dinner and / or reception on stage.
On the first balcony you can read the names of great playwrights. There are 900 seats, of which 800 are in use. The horseshoe shape allowed the audience not only to see the stage, but also to see each other well theater visits in the 19th century were a matter of 'watching and being watched'. The Royal Lodge is located in the middle of the first balcony, where the Royal family still takes place today when they visit a theater. In the past there were no seats in the room itself. The audience leaned against bulkheads. The lodges on the first balcony were largely hidden from view. In these so-called 'rooms', the gentlemen of class could enjoy the spectacle on stage (and other matters) unseen with their mistress. At the very top, on the little bell or the angel's bowl, the common people could buy cheap pitches.
- Dinners and drinks on the stage (16 x 24 m)
- Advanced technology for award shows and loading dock for product presentations
- There are 750 comfortable seating areas for conferences and presentations
- Personal guidance with a customized proposal and in-house catering
- Free WiFi, projector & screen on request