Vacature Shakespeare Tour Guide
Internationaal Theater Amsterdam (ITA) is one of the leading lights in Dutch theatre, with a large ensemble of world famous actors and a pioneering team of directors. Performances will be held not only at the Amsterdam venue, but also at around 100 other venues around the world. The new theatre will also be a major Talent Center focusing on education, development and collaboration.
A modern meeting place with its own café/brasserie where front stage can meet and mingle with back stage, and the boundaries between the audience and those involved in the production can disappear. The new theatre will speak with one voice to the city, the country, funds, sponsors and, of course, its audiences.
We offer various theatrical tours for educational purposes in our theatre. The Shakespeare Tour is a new program, which is being developed in collaboration with theatre maker Nel Crouch. With the Shakespeare Tour we would like to offer students the opportunity to get acquainted with the great classical works of William Shakespeare. Shakespeare's work will come to life in our theater and the tour will stimulate and enthuse students to further explore his work. The tour is also designed to align with the high school English course. It is our ambition to contribute to the development of the English vocabulary of students who participate in this tour. The spoken language will therefore be English. This is why it is very important that all tour guides have a perfect command of the English language.
As a tour guide for the Shakespeare Tour, you will dive into the role of being a theatrical tour guide. It is not only your job to tell the story of Shakespeare’s work, but also to create a good atmosphere in which you inspire students to learn more about this subject matter. You are a moderator of philosophical conversation and work with writing exercises as well.
- Are a native English speaker
- Have a passion for theatre, especially for the work of William Shakespeare
- Are able to convey your enthusiasm to high school students (age 12 – 18)
- You have experience as a storyteller/actor
- Like to interact with students and enjoy having conversations with them from a philosophical point of view
- This is a freelance position, your fee will be discussed based on age and experience
- The Shakespeare Tour will start next schoolyear, beginning in September 2022
- Rehearsals will take place mid-July