The Rabozaal (Rabo hall) was opened in 2009 and is located in the rear building, floating above the Melkweg and the Lijnbaansgracht. The hall has a contemporary, modern and open appearance and is characterised by the excellent view and the intimacy wherever the guest is seated in the hall. What makes the hall even more special is that the room offers the possibility to remove the blinds and fill the whole area with daylight.
-|-The Rabozaal can be reached via the main entrance on Leidseplein, but also has its own entrance with its own cloakroom on Lijnbaansgracht. Directly adjacent to the hall is the New Foyer with its own bar and a spacious hall for catering options. Below the hall is Studio 1, which can be added to the hall.
WHAT MAKES THE RABO ZAAL SO SPECIAL
- Theatre set-up possible up to 900 seats.
- Unique, industrial hall with the possibility of natural light through the back wall.
- Technically high-quality hall that can be converted into any desired set-up (party, cinema, seminar, presentations).
- Good visibility and clear intelligibility from every seat.
- The adjacent foyer and studio are very suitable for catering or a break-out session.
- M2 podium 18 x 28 meter
- Theater 500 persons
- Sitdown diner/lunch podium 300 persons
- Reception 600 persons
The construction of the Rabozaal arose from the desire to build a 'black box'; a multifunctional hall with a flat floor character (in addition to the framed stage of the current Grote Zaal). Through a collaboration between Stadsschouwburg Amsterdam, Toneelgroep Amsterdam and the Melkweg, this modern hall was created that meets all the requirements of today.
€7,287 for three day parts